Week 3 – Day 17
God created your mind. It was created for the wonderful purpose of creativity and growth, ever evolving into the problem-solving visionary He meant for you to be. You were created to meet a need in this world. Through you He longs to answer situations and bring help to challenges. You are His conduit to the next generation.
When you put it that way, your ability to think which such intensity doesn’t seem too bad, right? It is all about harnessing that power and using it for good, instead of wearing yourself down. So how do we do that, God?
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 holds the key.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (AMPC)
3 For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons.
- We learned about this yesterday. There is a supernatural move on our behalf when we do things God’s way. What looks like denial and weakness can actually be moving us into position for Him to operate in a powerful, life-changing way.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,
- God drew us to himself, out of the dominion of darkness. We aren’t subject to those rules anymore. We now have the benefit of all that Christ purchased for us on the cross. We walk as citizens of this Kingdom of Eternal Life, with rights and privileges of God’s children.
5 [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
- This scripture exists because we are going to be opposed as we walk out this victory in our minds. Just because there is opposition doesn’t mean that it prevails. We have the authority of God to meet it, but we have to be prepared and follow through.
- Refute—to disprove, deny or contradict (a statement or accusation)
- By paying attention to the doubts that come in the form of thoughts we can isolate them quickly and place them up against the Word of God. If they do not line up, we toss them out as untrue.
- Let me put this in perspective:
- When my son was hit by a car 3,000 miles away from me and headed for the operating room, I did not begin to chant, “That’s not true. That’s not true. He wasn’t hit.” That type of action is why people think Christians are weird. That isn’t what God is telling us to do at all.
- Instead we stood on the scriptures that “by Jesus’ stripes Alex was healed”, “no weapon formed against Alex will prosper” and “greater is God on the inside of Alex than he who is in the world”. I needed God to get involved in my situation and turn it around. I had to choose what the Word said about my son’s future not his past (the accident). I couldn’t change the accident, but my words lining up with God’s Word could impact Alex’s future.
- God wasn’t asking me to deny the reality, but to answer the reality with my faith. That is how you refute the bells and whistles of crises that clang in your head.
- When I did this, my thoughts aligned with God’s Word and changed from the natural panic to focusing on God’s intervention.
- This is what is meant by “leading every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)”. If my thoughts do not line up with the Eternal Life that Christ died for me to live, then I have the right as God’s child to change those thoughts with His Word.
- Peace descended in a crazy, lack of peace situation. The whole way out on the redeye flight, through the next sleepless days and nights of waiting and watching, through the recovery and through to the victory. Within six months the doctors could not even find the scar area inside his head where the blood clot had formed. It was completely removed and he is totally restored. God is amazing!
- God’s power lines up when you refuse the fear that creeps in through thoughts. His Word overshadows your mind and you begin to walk in a peace that seems impossible to those around you. That is God’s keeping power and it is awesome!
The more and more you exercise your right to a peaceful mind, your imagination will be freed up. As you tap into the Holy Spirit, He will use your imagination for its original purpose. You will begin to see your call and assignment in life with more clarity and freedom. And you will begin to dream like you have never done before.
Welcome to this adventure life with God, where the sky is the limit!
Press into Him and allow Him to speak to you. Write the revelation He gives you for your situation and the truth regarding your battle. You are free and your mind is a place for God to deposit greatness. Your future will be greater than your past.